Research Associate – Pilot Fermentation
Iogen is seeking an enthusiastic Research Associate to support and develop technologies to facilitate the commercialization of cellulosic ethanol. The candidate will join the Ethanol Fermentation R&D Team. The position involves the operation of pilot bioreactors in a laboratory setting and potentially in an industrial production facility during final validation of the technology. Excellent opportunity for recent college or university graduates.
This is a one year contract position and will require evening and/or weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bioreactor operation: set-up, tear down, operate and maintain pilot-scale bioreactors
- Participate in research to optimize yeast fermentation performance in Iogen lignocellulosic hydrolysate process streams
- Execute, analyze and troubleshoot experiments that include standard techniques in microbiology and fermentation
- Communicate project results in presentations and formal reports
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts as required
- Diploma or Degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial research experience would be an advantage
- Experience handling organisms and knowledge of general microbiological techniques are essential
- Experience with New Brunswick BioFlo systems, microscopy and high performance liquid chromatography is highly desirable
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software required
Please send a covering letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the position title in the subject line.
> Back to careers page